Sunday, September 9, 2012

What Was I Thinking?!

I look around my [messy, cluttered] house and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I decided to: take that nap, foster those kittens, make that big [sloppy] meal, let the kids play "school", try to get all of the laundry done at once, etc.  I wonder why we agreed to let the dining room be the man cave/game room.  I wonder why the kitchen table seems to be the catch-all for papers, projects and miscellaneous junk.  I wonder why I don't have the energy or motivation to Keep Up With The Jones'.

Frankly, all of these things happen because I love my family more than I care about what others think of me.  I nap so that I can recharge from the umpteen-million things that need to get done.  We rescue and foster animals because it is a hands-on learning experience that teaches my children to care about what is happening in the world by taking care of animals that can't take care of themselves and to take pride in a job well done.  That big [sloppy] meal was made because it was requested by someone that I love more than I love clean clothes and counters.  I let the kids play "school" because I love that they still want to play together and because it teaches essential social skills for both of them.  I do as much laundry as I can in one sitting because it's anyone's guess as to what may come up at any given moment.  The dining room wasn't as important to me as my husband's sanity.  The kitchen table is the catch-all because the kids are proud of their accomplishments and want to share those with us.

All of those things are why I don't have the energy or motivation to be someone that I am not.  I'm pretty proud of the person that I am and I'm happy with the way my life turned out.

...does anyone want a kitten?

No comments:

Post a Comment